Traffic Utilization for the last 24 hours (See our uptime):
Welcome to Silvertree Communications! We believe that people have the right to
quality, free hosting (MUD/Web) and services. Silvertree is ran completely out of pocket by Scott Schappell. I do not charge for people to have a shell account here, though donations are always welcome through paypal to email@example.com.
Services I provide
- Perl CGI Support
- PHP Support
- MySQL Database Support
- POP3/POP3-SSL access to your e-mail account
- IMAP4/IMAP-SSL access to your e-mail account
- Access to your e-mail from anywhere using a browser
- If required, virtual hosting of your domain.
- Secondary DNS for your domain
- Primary DNS for your domain
Tiers of Service
- Mail Only
- 1024 MB of disk space
- Access to mail via POP3/IMAP (SSL only)
- Web mail access
- No shell access
- Includes Services in "Mail Only"
- Personal webspace (www.silvertree.org/~user)
- 4 GiB of disk space
- Hosting Account
- Includes Services in Wordpress
- Additional quota if requested (no charge, subject to change)
- Virtual domain hosting (www.yourdomain.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Name Services
- Secondary NS (5 domains free)
- Provide IP address of primary nameserver
- Provide name of domain(s)
- Primary DNS
- Provide information needed for the zone file
- One time set up fee of 50 USD per domain (no monthly)
- Configure domain with registrar to use ns1.silvertree.org as primary nameserver.
Data is backed up twice daily via rsync to a local backup volume and daily to a RAID 5 NAS device. Home directories are backed up every 60 minutes via rsync to a local backup volume.
Under no circumstances will any user at any level service host or make available copyrighted material or use Silvertree's services to transmit copyrighted material unless said account holder holds the copyright or has legal permission to make the material available to the public. If copyrighted materials are found in a user's publically accessible areas (i.e. public_html), the account will be deleted. Individuals who host copyright materials and can provide documentation and confirmation of their permission will not have their accounts deleted.
Silvertree will comply fully with any request from any copyright holder or their duly appointed representatives.
See the complete policy
- SMTP - You can access SMTP using your username and password via SMTP AUTH.
- Webmail - https://www.silvertree.org/squirrelmail/
- Shell - Telnet access is not allowed. You must use SSH. Silvertree is an official PuTTY mirror so you can download a great free SSH client from our mirror site
- HTTP - FrontPage extensions are not currently supported on our Apache server, thus all publishing must be done via FTP, SFTP or SCP.
- MUSH Server - Administration and configuration is done via the shell.
Requesting an Account
New accounts may be issued on a case by case basis. Please e-mail the administrator with a detailed explanation of what you require.
Due to people abusing their shell accounts, I am no longer giving out shell only accounts. Period. Do not ask.
Sysadmins love desserts, and if you're a current user of Silvertree services and would like to provide cookies or pie to your local sysadmin please use the following*:
*Note you are not actually buying cookies or pies, you are providing the funds for the sysadmin to buy cookies and pies, or, more accurately, help pay to keep this site running.
We Hate Spam!
If you have received something you suspect is spam from a silvertree user, please forward it to email@example.com including full SMTP headers.
Silvertree Communications uses the following services and software: